Learn together. Thrive together. Succeed Together.
Dovetail Group makes the constant development of the team a priority. Joining Dovetail would fully equip you with the relevant qualifications and skills you would need to advance your career.
Dovetail Group (uk) work closely with the UK’s leading property management providers – managing 150 sites on long term contracts. Having the right tools for the job is a key factor in delivering a great service, and our operatives use the best equipment & machinery.
This role involves maintaining the inland waterways in the West Midlands area, including but not limited to: grass cutting throughout summer and hedge cutting during the winter months. Previous experience in vegetation management would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided, successful candidates will receive NPTC/LANTRA qualifications and full company benefits package (to be discussed during interview).
This role also involves all grounds maintenance projects, big or small. Maintaining show homes and new builds for some of the UK’s most prestigious developers and acting as caretaker by maintaining facilities/grounds in clean, safe, and orderly manner on weekly, fortnightly and monthly visits across the West Midlands.
- Grass cutting with industrial mowers and strimmers, driving to and from the work site, risk assessment, hazard reporting, basic level of machinery maintenance and upkeep.
- Mow, cut hedges, remove weeds & debris from walkways, stairways, roadways, planters and parking areas.
- Prune shrubs and trees up to maximum height of six feet; uses blower or broom to sweep sidewalks; maintains in-ground drains and flower beds.
- Operates and maintains grounds maintenance equipment such as lawn mower, edger, sweeper, string trimmer, power hedge trimmer, sprayers, and basic gardening hand tools.
- Full UK Driving License. Own vehicle to arrive at Dovetail Yard (B92 0AS) then use our vehicles/equipment throughout the day.
- Certificate in safe use of Brushcutters and Pedestrian Mower.
- First Aid training.
- PA1 and PA6 spraying licences.
Hardworking grounds maintenance persons will have an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-growing business, with room to develop and pursue career opportunities within the company.
- Monday – Friday, 7am – 4pm, 40 hours a week.
- Overtime available frequently if interested.
- At least 1 year’s grounds maintenance experience necessary. Further training will be provided.
- PPE will be provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50-£10.25 per hour
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- grounds maintenance: 1 year (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
A cover letter is not essential with your application however it will certainly give you an edge as it helps display your motivation and personality.
You will be required to have skills and experience relevant to the job you’re applying and these skills will be displayed on the job advert, we also desire some core generic skills from our applicants too.
Yes, we will reach out to any references you have listed when we’re ready to offer you the job, however we will consult with you before we do.
We expect you to have done some homework on us as a company, at least chcked out our website. Prepare to answer any questions on the types of work we do and the role you would undergo at the company.
Yes. There is a probation period which varies depending on the seniority of the position you’re applying for.